As Seen OnAward-Winng Representation
Dallas Lawyers Guiding You Through the DWI Conviction Process
Serving Fort Worth, Austin, Denton, Allen, Collin County & All of Northern Texas
A DWI conviction may have any of a number of negative effects on a person. If you have been arrested for DWI (driving while intoxicated) in Texas, your primary concerns may be imprisonment and driver's license revocation. You may also face large fines and surcharges that can put a great deal of strain on your financial situation. These are the most devastating consequences of a DWI conviction. If you are facing multiple DWI offenses, the consequences of a conviction are even more severe.
It is important that you consult an attorney as soon as possible and take action to avoid a DWI conviction. Dallas DWI conviction lawyer, Deandra Grant, is here to help. For over 25 years, attorney Grant has been protecting people just like you who have been arrested for DWI and are facing the possibility of a conviction and serious penalties. With her knowledgeable and dedicated representation and aggressive assertion of your rights, Attorney Grant can make the positive impact on your defense that is so important to protecting your future.
Effects of a DWI Conviction
The following are some of the potential consequences of a DWI conviction in Texas. In addition to imprisonment, fines, and driver's license suspension, a defendant may face probation and surcharges.
The Texas Department of Public Safety will assess the following surcharge for a period of 3 years following a conviction for DWI:
- $1,000 per year for conviction of a DWI 1st offense
- $1,500 per year for conviction of a DWI 2nd offense or more
- $2,000 per year for any DWI with a breath/blood test result equal to or greater than 0.160 percent
A defendant may face probation or jail time or both. Probation as related to a DWI conviction may include:
- Mandatory reporting to a probation officer
- A drug/alcohol evaluation
- Testing for alcohol and/or drugs
- Jail time as a condition of probation
- MADD Victim-impact classes
- Driving classes
- Driver's license suspension
- Breath-test equipment in your car
- Court costs
- Monthly probation fees (normally $60)
- Class fees
- Wearing a SCRAM device
- Increased insurance rates
Contact Deandra Grant Law to work with our DWI conviction attorneys in Dallas. Call (214) 225-7117.
Real ResultsOur Clients Victories
Assault Causing Bodily Injury of a Family Member
Arrested for DWI
Thrown Breath Score Out
.17 Breath Test