Dallas Attorneys Helping You Submit Your SR-22 Form
Also Serving Fort Worth, Denton, Austin & McKinney
After a DWI, your license is suspended for a minimum of 30 days. If you wish to reinstate your license with the Texas Department of Public Safety, you will be required to pay a reinstatement fee and submit an SR-22 form.
What Is It?
The SR-22 form, otherwise known as the Financial Responsibility Form, is an endorsement attached to an existing automobile insurance policy that provides the DPS with proof that you have the minimum required insurance to legally drive in Texas.
Why the DPS May Require an SR-22
For some, their ability to drive hinges on the DPS having an SR-22 on record.
The most common reasons the DPS could require you to get an SR-22 are:
- Conviction of a DWI
- Conviction of driving while under the influence of drugs
- Driving on a suspended license
- Multiple no-insurance tickets
- An unpaid judgment for a liability claim
- Excessive traffic violations
Minimum Liability Amounts in Texas
Each state has a slightly different breakdown of minimum insurance liability coverage. In order to drive in Texas, your insurance policy must have the following minimum liability coverage:
$30,000 limits for bodily Injuries per person
- Person A is injured and has $45,000 in medical bills
- Person B is injured with $10,000 in medical bills
- Person C is injured with $15,000 in medical bills
- Persona D is injured with $10,000 in medical bills
- Under the $30,000 limit for bodily injuries, Person A would only be insured by the drivers’ insurance up to $30,000. The rest of the $15,000 in injuries would likely be covered by the other driver’s insurance that was involved in the crash.
- For example:
- $60,000 limits for all bodily injuries to all persons in the vehicle.
Meaning, if 4 people are injured for a total of $100,000 in medical bills, the policy will only pay $60,000 of those.
- Using the breakdown above and assuming they filed claims in the order their names appeared, Person A would collect $30,000 from the driver’s insurance, and Person B could collect $10,000. Person C could collect $15,000 adding up to $55,000 total claimed. Finally, person D could only collect $5,000 because the driver’s policy will have reached its limits.
Let Our Dallas Lawyers Guide You through the SR-22 Process
If you’ve recently been convicted of a DWI, obtaining an SR-22 is another step along the path of moving forward. At Hamilton Grant PC, we can help you manage your DWI case by providing you with top-notch legal services. Attorney Deandra Grant has devoted her practice to understanding the science behind the Intoxilyzer 5000, field sobriety tests, and blood alcohol concentration. When you’re facing a criminal conviction as serious as a DWI, don’t just hire any criminal attorney, call Hamilton Grant PC or visit www.conceptsr22.com for more information on what defenses are available to you.
Nationally-Recognized DWI Authority
The Firm Other Attorneys Come to For Legal Advice
Five Convenient Office Locations Throughout North Texas
Not Afraid to Go to Trial
D Magazine Best Lawyers in Dallas
25+ Years of DWI-Focused Experience
Fighting DWI charges can present many challenges, not only for the defense, but prosecutors as well. This is why it is important to be armed with the necessary knowledge so you understand the DWI process.
Meet Our Team
Hamilton Grant PC is a team of highly qualified attorneys backed by decades of experience. Get to know us.Click Here
In the News
Our lead attorney Deandra Grant has been featured in national and local media for her outstanding work in the DUI field.Click Here
Areas We Serve
With offices in Dallas, Fort Worth, Denton, McKinney & Austin, we are committed to serving the communities of North Texas.Click HEre